Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kale and Blueberry Smoothie

I've gotten so deeply into this seasonal eating adventure that I have to remind myself sometimes that it's still okay to eat out-of-season produce as long as it's been frozen or dried.

Hence this kale and blueberry smoothie.  [It's been unseasonably warm this winter, so it's not THAT weird that I've been in the mood for smoothies!]  This smoothie combines fresh, seasonal produce (kale) with frozen, out-of-season produce (blueberries) for the best of both worlds.

I put about a cup of frozen blueberries, a cup of fresh kale, a cup of fat-free Greek yogurt, and about 1/2 cup of milk into a blender and spun it up.  It tasted fresh and healthy!  Both my toddler and my infant enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...