Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pomegranate Chicken Salad

As part of the unfamiliar produce I've been buying lately, I picked up a pomegranate at Trader Joe's last weekend.  Fearful that it would spoil, I faced it down this evening, learning online how to de-seed it from various websites, and then having fun watching the recommendations work wonders.

I first cut the pomegranate into chunks.



And then I de-seeded it by turning the chunks inside out underwater.


Then I rinsed off the remaining pulp.


And added my glorious pomegranate seeds to a salad of kale, walnuts, and leftover rotisserie chicken, topped with cracked black pepper.  I made a quick dressing of apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard whisked together, and enjoyed my tart combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...