Saturday, December 31, 2011

The December Challenge

Back at the end of November, I found a great list of all the produce that is in season in Maryland in the month of December.  I couldn't help but challenge myself to cook every single vegetable on the list during the month.

I came close!

In the month of December, I cooked everything but cauliflower, kohlrabi, mushrooms, parsnips, and pumpkin.  [Those will be first up for January!]

I think that's pretty good, especially because I also managed to cook several things that I found fresh from local growers that weren't on the list, such as habanero peppers, rutabaga, and mint.

Most people think there isn't much fresh and local produce this time of year, but I can now attest that is NOT TRUE.

My New Year's Resolution for 2012?  Eating more fresh, local, seasonal, sustainable produce!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...