Sunday, December 4, 2011

Spinach, Arugula, and Kale Pizza

Sometimes everyone has a night when cooking just isn't going to happen.  In our house, we actually have a lot of them.

That's why we keep a stash of organic pizzas from Trader Joe's in our freezer.  For frozen convenience food, the ingredients aren't bad, and the nutrition information doesn't suggest that the pizza will cause an immediate coronary.

That said, it's not the best meal, and I know it.

But having a frozen pizza for dinner doesn't mean that it's impossible to include fresh produce.  Before I put our pizza in the oven, I topped it with frozen spinach, fresh kale, and fresh arugula.  The kale actually crisped up just like kale chips, which added a really welcome dimension to the pizza.  My toddler enjoyed helping me to spread the greens out over the pie, and then gladly ate an entire slice of her creation.


Now, if only Trader Joe's would make a good frozen pizza with a whole-wheat crust...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Maybe I'm lying to myself, but I feel like I can make anything healthy by putting greens on it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...