Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fall Harvest Dinner Party

My husband and I entertained friends for dinner last night, which is not something we do often.  It was easy for me to plan a menu, though, because I knew I wanted to start with fresh, seasonal ingredients.  I also knew I had a bunch of kale in the 'fridge that it was time to use.

The menu?

Butternut Squash and Green Apple Soup
Green Salad with Pomegranate and Walnuts [No recipe: Just romaine lettuce, pomegranate arils, and walnuts with apple-cider vinegar and dijon mustard mixed together as dressing]
Pumpkin and Kale Pasta with Sausage

Here are my ingredients.  Literally the only things I cooked with that are not pictured are olive oil, vegetable broth, and walnuts (forgot to put them on the table!).  I'm pretty sure this is what it means to eat a plant-based, whole-foods diet: The natural plants overwhelm the meat, cheese, bread, and pasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...