Friday, November 18, 2011

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Grapes

When I saw Brussels sprouts and grapes together in one dish on the cover of this month’s Whole Living Magazine, I knew I HAD to try the recipe.

As usual, I went off the reservation (not wanting to add salt, not having any thyme, and forgetting yet again to purchase any balsamic vinegar). But, I figured, how bad could Brussels sprouts and grapes roasted in a bit of olive oil and then sprinkled with cracked black pepper and chopped walnuts be?

I spread quartered Brussels sprouts and whole, red grapes on a tray until the ratio looked right to me. Then I gave everything the lightest coating of olive oil and popped it in the oven for 15 minutes at 450 degrees. Roasted brown and caramelized sticky, the results were ooey-gooey but not at all too sweet. I tossed the mixture with cracked black pepper and added some chopped raw walnuts (hard to say how much…just until it was about the ratio I wanted).


Very easy and very delicious, plus fancy enough to look like it took all day. I might make this again and serve this thoroughly unexpected side dish at Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...